How to Sign in and Withdraw from Coinbase
How to Sign in to Coinbase
How to Sign in Coinbase account【PC】
- Go to mobile Coinbase App or Website.
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper right corner.
- Enter your "Email" and "Password".
- Click on “SIGN IN” button.
- If you forgot password, click on “Forgot Password”.
On the Log-in page, enter your [Email] and password that you specified during registration. Click "SIGN IN" button.
After that you have to enter the verification code from your device.
After entering correct verification code, you can successfully use your Coinbase account to trade.
Open the Coinbase App you downloaded, then click on "Sign in" to go to the log-in page.
How to Sign in Coinbase account【APP】
On the Log in page, enter your email address and password that you specified during registration. Click "Sign In" button
Then you also enter the verification code from your device.
After entering correct verification code, you can successfully use your Coinbase account to trade
What youll need to regain account access
Lost email access
If you lost access to the email address you used to create your Coinbase account, well need to go through a few steps to help you access your account.
Before you start, you will need the following:
- The password associated with your Coinbase account
- Access to your 2-step verification method
- Access to the verified phone number on your Coinbase account
Regain access to your account
First, go to the account access page and follow these steps to update your email address (you must have 2-step verification for these steps to work):
- Sign in using your previous email address and password
- Enter your 2-step verification token
- Select I no longer have access to my email address when you are prompted to verify your new device
- Enter your new email address—well send you an email to this account
- Confirm your new email address by selecting the blue button in the email you received
- Enter your 2-step verification code as you normally would
- Select your ID type
- Please note for US customers, we only accept valid state drivers licenses at this time
If you dont have 2-step verification or only have SMS text
Youll need to get in touch with Coinbase Support to regain access to your account. Do this by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting Contact us.
When will this process complete?
The account recovery process usually takes 48 hours to complete but can sometimes take longer. After 24 hours, you should be able to sign in to your account and complete buys and sells. After 48 hours, you should have full trading capabilities restored. For your security, sends will be disabled on your account until the full security period has passed. If you sign in before the security period is complete, you’ll receive a pop-up notification informing you that sends are temporarily disabled.
If you are unable to access your phone number on file (or your account does not have 2-step verification enabled), then it will not be possible to update your email address. Please contact Coinbase Support if this is the case.
Reset my passwordI cant remember my password
If you forget your password, please follow these steps to reset it:
1. Visit the Login page, click "Forgot Password?"
2. Enter the email address associated to your Coinbase account and select "RESET PASSWORD" to receive an email.
3. From the email, select Reset password to open a window where youll enter a new password. If you run into trouble, please see the next section for help.
4. Enter your new password in the Choose A Password and Confirm Password fields, then select UPDATE PASSWORD.
5. You can now sign in with your new password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Coinbase takes a number of steps to ensure the security of our customers accounts. These include enforcing strong passwords, two-factor authentication, and device verification.
Why cant I reset my password?
When a customer attempts to reset their password, we take precautions to ensure that it is a legitimate request. This means that our customers may only reset their passwords from devices they have previously verified, or from locations they have previously logged in from. This requirement provides a safeguard against attempts to illegitimately reset your password.
If you are having trouble resetting your password, you will need to:
- Reset it from a device you have previously used to access Coinbase.
- Reset it from a location (IP address) youve previously used to access Coinbase.
If you no longer have access to a previously validated device or IP address, please contact Coinbase Support so we can have a member of our security team assist you with a password reset.
Important: Coinbase Support will NEVER ask for your account password or 2-step verification codes.
As noted above, Coinbase only processes password reset requests from devices that have been previously authorized to access your account. If you are resetting your password from a new device, our system may delay the processing time for 24 hours in the interest of keeping your account secure. This can be bypassed by resetting your password from a previously verified device.
Why will my password reset require 24 hours to process?
Note: If you do not have a previously authorized device, please do not make additional attempts to log in. Each new attempt resets the clock and will prolong the delay.
How to Withdraw from Coinbase
To transfer cash from Coinbase to your linked debit card, bank account, or PayPal account, you first need to sell cryptocurrency to your USD wallet. After this, you can cash out the funds
How do I cash out my funds
Note that there is no limit on the amount of crypto you can sell for cash.
1. Sell cryptocurrency for cash
1. Click Buy / Sell on a web browser or tap the icon below on the Coinbase mobile app.
2. Select Sell.
3. Select the crypto you want to sell and enter the amount.
4. Select Preview sell - Sell now to complete this action.
Once complete, then your cash will be available in your local currency wallet (USD Wallet, for example).
Note that you can immediately cash out your funds by tapping Withdraw funds in the Coinbase mobile app or Cash out funds from a web browser.
2. Cash out your funds
From the Coinbase mobile app:
1. Tap Cash out
2. Enter the amount you want to cash out and choose your transfer destination, then tap Preview cash out.
3. Tap Cash out now to complete this action.
When cashing out a sell from your cash balance to your bank account, a short holding period will be placed before you can cash out the funds from the sell. Despite the hold period, you are still able to sell an unlimited amount of your crypto at the market price you desire.
From a web browser:
1. From a web browser select your cash balance under Assets.
2. On the Cash out tab, enter the amount you want to cash out and then click Continue.
3. Choose your cash out destination and then click Continue.
4. Click Cash out now to complete your transfer.
At this moment, we do not support direct withdrawals from your Coinbase EUR wallet to your verified UK bank account. If you would like to withdraw from your EUR wallet via a SEPA transfer or another payment methods, please follow below.
Can I withdraw from my EUR wallet to my verified UK bank account?
Coinbase supports the following payment methods for European customers in a supported country.
Note: Coinbase currently does not accept physical checks nor bill pay as a payment method to purchase cryptocurrency or to deposit funds into a users fiat wallet. Checks will be returned to sender upon receipt via mail, provided a mailing address is present. And as a reminder, Coinbase customers can only have one personal Coinbase account.
Alternatively, if you would like to convert your funds from EUR to GBP and withdraw, follow these steps:
- Buy cryptocurrency using all the funds in your Coinbase EUR Wallet
- Sell cryptocurrency to your GBP Wallet
- Withdraw from your Coinbase GBP Wallet to your UK Bank Account via Faster Payment transfer
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to determine when funds will be available for withdrawal:
When will funds be available to withdraw from Coinbase?
- Before confirming a bank purchase or deposit, Coinbase will tell you when the purchase or deposit will be available to send off Coinbase
- Youll see this labeled as Available to send off Coinbase on the website, or Available to withdraw on the mobile app
- Youll also be given options if you need to send instantly.
This is typically provided on the confirmation screen prior to processing a bank transaction.
When you use a linked bank account to deposit funds to your Coinbase fiat wallet, or use it to purchase cryptocurrency, this type of transaction is not a wire transfer such that Coinbase receives the funds immediately. For security reasons, you will not be able to immediately withdraw or send crypto off of Coinbase.
Why arent funds or assets available to move or withdraw off Coinbase immediately?
There are a variety of factors that will determine how much time it may take until you can withdraw your crypto or funds off of Coinbase. This includes but is not limited to your account history, transaction history, and banking history. Withdrawal-based limit holds typically expire at 4 pm PST on the date listed.
Yes. Your purchases or deposits will be subject to any existing restrictions on the account, regardless of which payment method you used.
Will my withdrawal availability affect other purchases?
In general, debit card purchases or wiring funds directly from your bank to your Coinbase USD wallet do not affect your withdrawal availability - if no restrictions exist on your account, you can use these methods to purchase crypto to send off of Coinbase immediately.
Selling or cashing out using ACH or SEPA banking process:
How long does a sell or cashout (withdrawal) take to complete?
When you place a sell order or cash out USD to a US bank account, the money usually arrives within 1-5 business days (depending on cashout method). The delivery date will be shown on the Trade Confirmation page before your order is submitted. You can see when the funds are expected to arrive on your History page. If you reside in one of the states that supports the Coinbase USD Wallet, sells into your USD Wallet will occur instantly.
Since your local currency is stored within your Coinbase account, all buys and sells occur instantly. Cashing out to your bank account via SEPA transfer generally takes 1-2 business days. Cashout by wire should complete within one business day.
United Kingdom Customers
Since your local currency is stored within your Coinbase account, all buys and sells occur instantly. Withdrawing to your bank account via GBP bank transfer generally completes within one business day.
You can sell cryptocurrency instantly using PayPal to move funds out of Coinbase.
Coinbase currently does not support selling cryptocurrency in Australia.
Selling or withdrawal using PayPal:
Customers in the US, Europe, UK, and CA, will be able to withdraw or sell cryptocurrency instantly using PayPal. To see what regional transactions are allowed and payout limits.